Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gratitude Day 22/23

My Family
My Mother


I have already posted a gratitude this month on my mother, but  today I feel like I need to do it again. My mother is just that... my mother!! In every sense that matters!! Some people don't know this but I am adopted. I have never been shy about being adopted and have always been grateful for it. No family is perfect but I have been blessed to be in my family. My mother has always been a stability in my life, and I could never show enough gratitude to ever repay her. I have had some very very low points in my life, to where I did not know what was up or down or if I could even deal with what that day had in store for me. My mom never stopped being there. She always said what I needed to hear. Needed to hear, not what I wanted to hear. Its the one of the things that made it possible for me to start living my life again. My mom gets me, for the most part, lol. She gets my humor, and I get hers. She is an amazing grandmother. We may live 5 hours away, but my kids absolutely adore their Gigi. I am very thankful and have so much gratitude for my mother, and the time we spend together. Especially during Thanksgiving and the bonding in the kitchen!! 



6 comments:

[Morgan] said...

okay, remember the time we were having a sleep over at your house and we set up a tent in the back yard? you took a whole bunch of toilet paper rolls and hid them under our pillows in the tent because you wanted to go tp-ing. i'm not sure i even knew that you did it. your mom went to check the tent and make sure it was all set up okay and the next thing i knew she was driving me back to provo..... lol.
i was afraid of your mom from that day on! :)

not afraid anymore though of course, your mom is awesome:) much like you.

aliasgg said...

You make me laugh (out loud), Morgan. And give me too much credit. I'm actually ridiculously naive. What happened was I found the t.p. and said to Grant, her older brother, I didn't get why they'd consider not making it into the house should nature call. All he had to say, to "wake me up" was, "Mommmmmmm!" I was actually checking details worrying that Jewel's enthusiasm erecting Grant's tent was taking a toll and finding the t.p. iced the cake. It is true, though, the immediate drive back to Provo was the end result. (te-he-he!)

As to tp-ing in general, the very first and only time I joined the crowd was as a teen and the homeowner called the cops on us and we were caught red-handed ... well "white"-handed. And he waited while we undid the job. That humiliation, coupled with waking up one morning to it at our house, after the sprinklers had been on, having to leave it due to work requirements, spending hours over days trying to clean it up, pretty much cured me of ever considering turning a blind eye on my posterity!

I'm pretty sure Jewel would admit that my watchful eye (when my brain was engaged) was warranted. (LOL) And she'd also remind me that you were the #1 friend I needn't have worried about!

aliasgg said...

You are a sweetheart, Jewel, assigning a second gratitude to "moi." I think it pretty much remarkable that we have such a powerful "connection" considering the differences in our personalities, don't you?

I guess I was right, way back when, repeatedly saying you were meant to be in our family, "warts and all." (With the implied, 'so get used to it,' as it would come up when you were feeling unloved.) And I sincerely meant it because, as you know, I was privileged to have a spiritual confirmation of that fact.

Love you! And I am so proud of you as a wife and mother and homemaker. Can't wait to get there!!

Jewel said...

@ Morgan: Lol yes I do remember that. How funny, I was afraid of her too that night, lol!!

aliasgg said...

P.S., we live SIX hours apart, FYI. :) (To point out one of the differences in our personalities.) :) :) ((And tomorrow it will no doubt be a tad longer than six but worth every minute of it....))

[Morgan] said...

ha! i'm so glad i came back and read these comments!
lol.
man, i'm so glad we reconnected via internet:) it's been so fun.